Quick Setting Cement
Quick Setting Cement as the name indicates, these types of cements are used where quick setting is needed. The quick setting cement is manufactured by adding a small percentage of aluminium sulphate and then it is finely grinded with cement. And also for quick setting action a small percentage of gypsum or retarder is added. The aluminium sulphate is mainly added to accelerate the setting time fast. Quick setting cement when mixed with water starts to set in five minutes and become hard like stone in just 30 minutes.
1. It is used in under water construction.
2. It is also used in rainy & cold weather conditions.
3. Where, quick strength is needed in short span of time.
1. When water is added the work should be completed fast or else it sets and difficult to mix.
2. It is not widely available.
3, It is expensive.