Portland Pozzolana Cement (PPC)
Portland Pozzolana Cement also commonly known as PPC cement. These types of cement are manufactured by using pozzolanic materials as one of the main ingredient. The percentage of pozzolanic material used in the preparation should be between 10 to 30. If the percentage is exceeded, the strength of cement is reduced.
Some of the pozzolanic materials used are volcanic ash, shales and certain type of clays. But in our country (In India) Fly ash is the main constituent used in prepartion of cement. And moreover, this type of cement is used more than 80% for construction purposes.
Advantages of Portland Pozzolana Cement:
1. These cement gains compressive strength with age.
2. It is highly resistant to sulphates.
3. It gives better workability during preparation of concrete.
4. It evolves low heat during setting.
5. It gains high tensile strength.
6. It is resistant to expansion.
7. It is cheap and affordable.
Disadvantages of Portland Pozzolana Cement:
1.In early days, the compressive strength is less
2. It is not resistant to erosion and weathering action.